Documentation on UNIX serial drivers

Greg A. Woods woods at eci386.uucp
Fri Apr 19 02:53:37 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr11.180853.1871 at mccc.edu> pjh at mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) writes:
> In article <244 at picker.picker.com> kobetitsch at picker.picker.com (harry kobetitsch) writes:
> =I would like to know if  there is any documentation out there
> =on how to write a serial driver for UNIX System V on a 386?
> =
> =Has any body out written a serial driver like this?
>
> There's a chapter in John Valley's "UNIX Programmers Reference",
> MacMillan/Howard Sams Publishing.

There's always the standard "Writing System V/3.2 Device Drivers" that
should be available from your O/S vendor, and the AT&T "Block and
Character Interface: Programmers Reference & Guide".  (I have them at
home if anyone want's the PEC or Select-Code numbers.)

I also have two books specifically about kernel innards and writing
device drivers (also at home), and notes from a tutorial about writing
drivers.
--
							Greg A. Woods
woods@{eci386,gate,robohack,ontmoh,tmsoft}.UUCP		ECI and UniForum Canada