Documentation on UNIX serial drivers

Dick Heijne CCS/TS dick at ahds.UUCP
Fri Apr 19 20:58:42 AEST 1991

Another book I know of is "Implementing Device Drivers", published by
NCR Inc. Well written, but off course some examples point to NCR's
Unix implementation (on Tower's, but not to specific versions).
It incorporates all sorts of drivers: TTY, Vitual Disks, general RS232,
I/O boards, general character devices (tapes and everything) and
describes all sorts of considerations to make in respect to bus-vectors,
various hardware specifics, memory and how to finally implement things in
the kernel.
Thru the years it helped me a lot.
The ordernumber of the thing I have in front of me right now is D1-0713-A,
but there might be a successory release at the moment.

Dick.