Waiting on parents and reinstating HUP

Andrew A. Benson aabenson at balance.cs.mtu.edu
Wed Apr 24 00:45:16 AEST 1991

Does anybody know how to set things up so a process started from csh
with an & will die when the user logs out?  Is there something I need
to do with SIGHUP signal handling?  I've tried everything I can think
of.  My only other thought is that it just never ever gets the signal.

My other question is if a process can check the status of its parent --
to check to see if the parent still exists.  All the calls I've found
only allow a process to check and/or wait on its children (the wait(),
wait3(), wait4(), and waitpid() calls under SunOS 4.1).

Thanks,

Andrew.

Internet:     aabenson at mtu.edu  or  aabenson at balance.cs.mtu.edu
  BITNET:     AABENSON at MTUS5