Socket references

Jim Burns jb107 at prism.gatech.EDU
Mon Apr 15 15:59:58 AEST 1991

in article <1991Apr12.203141.21215 at decuac.dec.com>, mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com (Marcus J. Ranum) says:

> creilly at maths.tcd.ie (Colman Reilly) writes:
>>Does anyone know of a reference work on using sockets under 4.3BSD

> 	A good starting point is the (free) berkeley IPC tutorial, available
> from finer FTP servers near you. On uunet, it is in:

> /usr/spool/ftp/bsd-sources/share/doc/ps1/07.ipctut:

By anonymous ftp, you skip the first three directories. The files in this
directory are controlled by a makefile that specifies a program
represented by $(GREMLINS). What is it? Without that part, the resulting
document has three figures missing that should be inserted from .grn
files. There is also a

.include <bsd.doc.mk>

line that my system doesn't like. What is it for?
--
BURNS,JIM (returned student & GT Research Institute staff member)
Georgia Institute of Technology, Georgia Tech Station 30178,
Atlanta Georgia, 30332            | Internet: jb107 at prism.gatech.edu
uucp:	  ...!{decvax,hplabs,ncar,purdue,rutgers}!gatech!prism!jb107