Checking if a process opened a file

Dan Bernstein brnstnd at kramden.acf.nyu.edu
Sun Apr 7 11:53:21 AEST 1991

In article <7794 at idunno.Princeton.EDU> subbarao at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Kartik Subbarao) writes:
> There is a command ofiles to determine who has a given file open, but I'm
> not sure that this works across NFS

The version from comp.sources.unix volume 18 does not support NFS, but
there are other versions of ofiles running around that do. Sometime in
the near future I will make my kstuff package available. Included in
kstuff is pf, a more portable, hopefully easier-to-use, integrated
version of ofiles/fstat; pf works over NFS, though there's no way to
tell that a process on some other machine has a file open.

---Dan