SCO UNIX: Pseudo terminals question

John Temples john at jwt.UUCP
Fri Jun 14 00:41:59 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun12.170627.48079 at cc.usu.edu> sldty at cc.usu.edu writes:
>	how do I use the /dev/ttyp* devices for my own use.  I cant find any
>	documentation on them.

I've been playing around with SVR3.2 STREAMS ptys this week after
seeing someone on the net mention them.  I picked up a copy of the SVR4
STREAMS Programmer's Guide, and the code examples in there worked fine
under 3.2.  I got a little two shell split-screen program working
without too much difficulty.

I would assume SCO has STREAMS ptys -- look for /dev/ptmx and /dev/pts###.
--
John W. Temples -- john at jwt.UUCP (uunet!jwt!john)