Automagic checkin (RCS - ci) before patch

berliner berliner
Thu Jun 6 16:00:21 AEST 1991

In <1991Jun5.050932.5219 at twinsun.com> eggert at twinsun.com (Paul Eggert) writes:

>If you have RCS 5.5, you can use `co -ko' to check out the file just as
>it was originally checked in.  This avoids the revision number blues
>when patching.  `co -ko' works even if the file was checked in by a
>pre-5.5 version of RCS.

Once I finish up CVS 1.3, you will be able to do "cvs co -ko module" as
well, to get the RCS 5.5 support of -ko in CVS.  Furthermore, in CVS 1.3
the "-k" options are "sticky", in that if you checkout or update a file
with a particular -k option, future updates of the file -- without
specifying a -k option -- will automatically be checked out using the
originally specified -k option.  This is also true of tags and dates (-r
and -D options), but that's another story.

Now, to just find some time....

	-Brian