data-compression in a pipe

gdtltr@limbo.org The Befuddled One gdtltr at brahms.udel.edu
Wed Jun 26 01:09:56 AEST 1991

In article <11595 at sbsvax.cs.uni-sb.de> km11hs at sbuvax.rz.uni-sb.de (Dieter Becker) writes:
=>I am looking for a text-compression program, which works in a pipe
=>I want to use this in a shell-script like:
=>    tar cvf - xyz | "*compression*" | rcp xxxx
=>Do You know a PD-source / program?
=>Thanks
=>Dieter Becker

   compress should work fine (at least under SunOS).

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration

                            gdtltr at brahms.udel.edu
 [|o o|]                   To be is to be networked.                    [|o o|]
  |_o_|        Disclaimer: I have no idea what I am talking about.       |_o_|