resolver

Jack F. Vogel jackv at turnkey.tcc.com
Sat Jun 15 02:20:13 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jun11.214929.19156 at news.stolaf.edu> rosell at stolaf.edu (Rob Rosell) writes:
>Greetings Everybody!!
>
>I am attemptig to write an applications which will list the hosts in the
>current domain or within another specified domain.  The information needs
>to be retrieved through the domain name server.

Why bother reinventing the wheel, get the BIND distribution and build
the nslookup utility, it's 'ls' feature does what you want. Also, if
you really MUST write something studying the resolver code and the
nslookup's use of it should answer all your questions.

You can find the distribution on any good archive site, like uunet.uu.net
or ucbarpa.Berkeley.Edu.

Disclaimer: I don't speak for my employer.

Jack F. Vogel			jackv at locus.com
AIX370 Technical Support	       - or -
Locus Computing Corp.		jackv at turnkey.TCC.COM