unix on pc?

Rick Kelly rmk at rmkhome.UUCP
Sat Mar 16 19:26:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar13.215332.14342 at unicorn.cc.wwu.edu> n9048090 at unicorn.cc.wwu.edu (osterhaus laurence) writes:
>Dose anybody know of a unix or clone software that can be used on a AT286
>clone. A FTP'ble site address for the source would be great.

For $100.00 you can buy Coherent, a Unix clone which runs in protected mode on
the 80286.  This is a multi-user, multi-tasking operating system, that is
suprisingly like UNIX.  It has semaphores, message passing, and shared memory.
I am posting this article to USENET from my Coherent machine.  It is available
from Mark Williams Co. in Northbrook, Illinois.  The Phone number is
1-800-627-5967.

Rick Kelly	rmk at rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk	rmk at frog.UUCP