awk syntax

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Sat May 18 03:32:48 AEST 1991

In article <1991May17.011011.6422 at uunet.uu.net> arnold at audiofax.com writes:
> This is getting off the topic of standards, but what the heck.  You
> ommitted my rationalization of the consistency.  To rephrase: statements
> at the rule level should be consistent with statements inside an action.

I don't see that this does that. The problem with reasoning about awk,
though, is that LF is almost but not quite like a semicolon. Another
consideration is that they're already inconsistent: I can't do:

	/pattern/	print

for example.
--
Peter da Silva; Ferranti International Controls Corporation; +1 713 274 5180;
Sugar Land, TX  77487-5012;         `-_-' "Have you hugged your wolf, today?"