NDBM and ME

Chris Torek torek at elf.ee.lbl.gov
Wed May 15 06:04:59 AEST 1991

In article <ADRIANHO.91May11011216 at barkley.berkeley.edu>
adrianho at barkley.berkeley.edu (Adrian J Ho) writes:
[GNU dbm is available from]
>	prep.ai.mit.edu:/pub/gnu/gdbm-1.5.tar.Z [18.71.0.38]

I was going to let Oz or Margo post this, but neither one has yet, so:
Their database system is available from postgres.berkeley.edu as the
compressed tar file `bsd_db.tar.Z'.  This package compares quite well
versus gdbm in both space and time.  (There was some information
presented at the Winter 1991 Usenix in Dallas which does not appear
in the Proceedings.  I vaguely recall a factor of either 7 or 17
difference in performance.)
--
In-Real-Life: Chris Torek, Lawrence Berkeley Lab CSE/EE (+1 415 486 5427)
Berkeley, CA		Domain:	torek at ee.lbl.gov