Pseudo device drivers

Keith Jones keith at sdscal
Thu May 30 07:45:23 AEST 1991

Here's an example describing what I want to do:

I've got a terminal of type X attached to my System V Unix box.  Somebody
has written a spiffy program with one small problem: it has been written
specifically for terminals of type Y.  What I'd like to do is write a
program that will allow me to convert function key sequences coming from
the terminal of type X to function key sequences that would be generated by
a terminal of type Y.  Similarly, I would like the program to convert the
escape sequences being output by the program (which are designed to work for
a terminal of type Y) to an identical (if a mapping is possible) escape
sequence for a terminal of type X.

I've been fiddling around with the sxt(7) devices but I can't seem to get
them to work properly.  I've also looking into streamio(7) but I'm stuck
there as well.

Sxt's look like the way to go (though I'm not positive).  Does anybody know
of a simple program that uses sxt's that I could get a look at?

All information proferred is greatly appreciated.

Thanx in advance,

Keith.

P.S. Our system is a Unisys 5000/85.
--
Keith Jones		...!calgary!	If I had a signature, I wouldn't ever
Stream Data Systems	  spycal!	use it because it would be so witty