Is RPC servers in XView programs possible

Leif Andrew Rump andrew at resam.dk
Wed May 8 00:06:05 AEST 1991

Hello world!

I just want to hear some expert opinions (that's You) before I dig into
unknown land!

I want to create an XView application that has a RPC server running as
a child process (so when the application terminates it brings the server
down). I'm thinking of creating a pipe before I fork the RPC server so
the two processes may communicate (the server awaits a RCP call (from
another application) and when it happens it write something to the pipe
which envokes the notifer which has been told to keep an eye on the pipe
(using notify_set_input_func()). The callback routine which is trigged
by the notifer writes something to the pipe and returns leaving the rest
to the RPC server.

Does it work? Any problems? Anything to look for? Anything...

Andrew

Leif Andrew Rump, AmbraSoft A/S, Stroedamvej 50, DK-2100 Copenhagen OE, Denmark
UUCP: andrew at ambra.dk, phone: +45 39 27 11 77                /
Currently at Scandinavian Airline Systems                =======/
UUCP: andrew at resam.dk, phone: +45 32 32 51 54                \
SAS, RESAM Project Office, CPHML-V, P.O.BOX 150, DK-2770 Kastrup, Denmark

                If it's broke, fix it (The MS-DOS way)
            If it aint broke, don't touch it (The Unix way)
	If we can't fix it, it ain't broke (Maintainer's Motto)
             If you can't fix it, fuck it (The U-boat way)