Need a little example of scandir()

Adam Stein stein at WRC.XEROX.COM
Wed May 22 05:28:46 AEST 1991

I have been trying to use scandir() with little success.  I have included below
a piece of code trying to use scandir.  The code calls scandir() to get
all the files in a directory and then goes to print out the name of each
file.  The problem is that the namelist given to scandir() comes back empty.
I can't get to the filenames.  I'm using scandir() because it's easier
for scandir() to put together a list of files and I plan on using
the select and compare functions that scandir() would call.  If anybody knows
what I'm doing wrong or has a simple example that works, please let me know.
Thanx.

						Adam Stein
						stein.wbst129 at xerox.com

-----Example----------Example----------Example----------Example---------
#include <sys/types.h>
#include <sys/dir.h>

myroutine()
{
	int numfiles,loop;
	struct direct *namelist;

	if((numfiles = scandir(".",&namelist,NULL,NULL)) == -1) {
	  perror("myprogram");
	  exit(1);
	}

	for(loop = 0;loop < numfiles;++loop)
	  printf("Name -> <%s>\n",namelist[loop].d_name);
}
Adam Stein @ Xerox Corporation         Email: stein.wbst129 at xerox.com
                                              stein at arisia.xerox.com
Disclaimer: Any/All views expressed           ...!uunet!xerox.com!stein.wbst129
here have been proved to be my own.    Hopefully one of the above will work.