Does SCCS allow you to "un-delta" a version???

Martin Gemmel mgemmel at cs.vu.nl
Mon May 27 23:03:15 AEST 1991

In article <irrelevant> bill at twg.bc.ca (Bill Irwin) wrote:
>                        Is it possible to Get the most current
>version back, make some changes, then delta the same version
>number again?

Try sccs fix

If your last checked-in version of prog.c was 2.4 then
do 'sccs fix -r2.4 prog.c'.  The delta of 2.4 will be removed
from the history file and the new delta will be 2.4.
Personally I think there are two drawbacks: you _must_ supply
the -r option, and you can't fix the first version you checked
in.

Now while we're at it, does anybody think SCCS is better than
RCS or vice versa? Which system is newer/better? Is there a version
of make that supports RCS? If not, why?
RCS stands for Revision Control System by Walter F. Tichy.

--
Martin