Security mailing list, anyone?

Al Gaspar gaspar at almsa-1.arpa
Wed Dec 17 23:58:40 AEST 1986

John,

    I am not sure that I am going to have too much luck sending this to you
directly; so I am copying info-unix.  There are two mailing lists that you
might consider contacting:  security at rutgers and mail.security at cisden.  I
subscribe to security at rutgers and am attempting to join mail.security (I'm
not sure whether I just haven't reached them or they just don't want me :-)).
Here are the blurbs on them off the net:

mail.security
    Contact: (boulder,hao,nbires)!cisden!sec-request

    Purpose: Discussion and comment (and sometimes bug fixes) which
    touch on the security aspects of the UNIX operating system.  This
    mailing list is joined at the pleasure of the applicant's System
    Administrator and/or the list administrator.

SECURITY at RUTGERS

   This list is designed to provide a forum for discussion of the field of
   security in general, be it electronic, physical, or computer-related.  Since
   the original idea was to name this list LOCKSMITHS, discussions about
   physical security and hardware are welcomed, but to broaden out into
   computer security and electronic access control and such is also valid.  In
   other words, any subject matter relating to the *improvement* and
   *implementation* of security systems is okay, while how to *defeat* them is
   not.  Messages are not digestified, but are filtered to keep things of
   questionable legality/ content from escaping out to the network.

   All requests to be added to or deleted from this list, problems, questions,
   etc., should be sent to SECURITY-REQUEST at RUTGERS.

   Coordinator: *Hobbit* <AWalker at RUTGERS>

--
Al Gaspar	<gaspar at almsa-1.arpa>
USAMC ALMSA, ATTN:  AMXAL-OW, Box 1578, St. Louis, MO  63188-1578
seismo!gaspar at almsa-1.arpa