question on uucp connect failure

Paul Sutcliffe Jr. paul at devon.UUCP
Sun Dec 21 03:45:47 AEST 1986

In article <784 at maynard.BSW.COM>, campbell at maynard.BSW.COM (Larry Campbell) writes:
> AT&T uucp doesn't support this feature [a catch-all entry in USERFILE]
> which means you have to put an entry in your USERFILE
> for every site you talk to.

Are you sure.  What form (version) of uucp.  I thought an entry like

, /usr/spool/uucppublic

would allow access to PUBDIR for any user or any system that did not
match an entry in the list above it.  (At least on V7 uucp).  The
documentation and papers I have from System III agree with this also.

-paul

--
Paul Sutcliffe, Jr.	 UUCP: {seismo,ihnp4,allegra,rutgers}!cbmvax!devon!paul
Devon Computer Services  COMPUSERVE: 76176,502