More LN03 questions

Jonathan Corbet jon at gaia.UUCP
Mon Dec 15 05:40:47 AEST 1986

>Our LN03 works OK for text, but I can only get 8K work of graphics
>sent before it starts giving me a 'band too complex' error.  I think
>it might be the limited amount of memory in the printer.  If it helps,
>we've got BSD4.3 on a VAX 11/780.

This is a well known problem with the LN03.  It does help to get more memory
cartridges (at ~$500 for 128K!).  The real solution, though, is to get the
upgrade to the LN03+.  After doing that, you graphics can be as complex as
you want (there are still problems with the basic LN03 even with two
RAM cartridges).  Further, you get full 300 dpi, tek-compatible (almost)
graphics.

--
Jonathan Corbet
{hao | nbires}!gaia!jon