QNX?

Greg Franks greg at xios.UUCP
Tue Dec 30 05:35:15 AEST 1986

In article <335 at csustan.UUCP> smdev at csustan.UUCP (Scott Hazen Mueller) writes:
>I recently sat through a presentation of a computer-based telemetry monitoring
>system that uses IBM AT's or DEC uVAXen running QNX.  What, specifically, is
>a QNX?  It sounds like a Unix clone, but I'd like some details.

QNX is a real-time UNIX-LIKE system.  I have no idea about its
capabilities.

QNX is made (whatever) by Quantum Software Systems Ltd., Moodie Drive
High Tech Park, 215 Stafford Road, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.  K2H 9C1.
You can write them there, or you can fill out a ``bingo'' card in
_Byte_.  Look under ``Quantum Software'' in the Reader Service.

By the way, Stafford Road is in Nepean Ont, not Ottawa.  I guess they
want to use the name of a higher profile city in their adverts :-).