uucping whole trees?

Herndon at HI-MULTICS.arpa Herndon at HI-MULTICS.arpa
Tue Dec 23 07:52:00 AEST 1986

I don't know what version of UNIX you are using, but BSD 4.2 machines
have the "rcp" (remote copy) command.  If one specifies the command
with the -r option the command will copy from one machine to the other
all files and directories rooted at the name specified.

The command syntax is something like this (this may not be right, please
verify it.):

    rcp -r <path> <host:path>

Path in each case must be a directory, and, if you are using a different
login name on the remote machine, you need to set up your .rhosts file
to include your other login name and host.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but it's been a login time since I
worked on a BSD 4.2 machine.  However, I hope this has been of some
help.

                                          - WRH

William R. Herndon,     Honeywell -- Secure Computing Technology Center

ARPA: Herndon at hi-multics
      hamlet at walt.cc.utexas.edu