More LN03 questions

grr at cbmvax.UUCP grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Fri Dec 12 18:49:42 AEST 1986

In article <2111 at sdsu.UUCP> dlong at sdsu.UUCP (Dean Long) writes:
>Our LN03 works OK for text, but I can only get 8K work of graphics
>sent before it starts giving me a 'band too complex' error.  I think
>it might be the limited amount of memory in the printer.  If it helps,
>we've got BSD4.3 on a VAX 11/780.
>--
>Dean Long

The LN03 can't do much more that printer emulation or sparse graphics with
the installed RAM.  You need to buy a couple of the RAM expansion cartridges
to have real fun.  This also lets you rotate the built-in fonts, which seems
to mysteriously fail otherwise.

There might be a newer modem with more RAM, check with DEC...

but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at seismo.css.GOV