elementary help with curses, please?

Richard Klappal rlk at chinet.UUCP
Mon Dec 8 06:21:12 AEST 1986

In article <2157 at well.UUCP> mmc at well.UUCP (Matthew McClure) writes:
>  Can
>someone explain how to use getstr(str) so it thinks a <cr>
>represents the end of the string and goes on to the next part of
>the program?

I had the same problem about a year ago, and posted the same request.

Ken Arnold replied (paraphrasing) that getstr() and its close
relatives were not used by anyone when he did his development, and
thus they had never been fully debugged.

I think your best bet is to:
	do your own I/O parsing with getch()   or
	fix getstr() yourself.

I used the former 'fix'.

--
---
UUCP: ..!ihnp4!chinet!uklpl!rlk || MCIMail: rklappal || Compuserve: 74106,1021