foo?

Mike Patnode mpatnode at polyslo.UUCP
Tue Dec 2 04:12:55 AEST 1986

    (I've never seen a line eater, I have to read all off these.)

    Alas, I am taking the initiative to try to find an answer to my office
    mate's lifelong burning question.  Since my answer wasn't acceptable she
    asked me to post the question here.  So here it goes.....

    Does anybody out there in netland know the origins of the word "foo".
    As often seen in may programming examples.  My explanation was a diveration
    of the acronym (sp?) "fubar" but since I work for the state this answer was
    unacceptable.

	Any ideas?  All input welcome.