RFS COTS Interface

Eduardo Krell ekrell at ulysses.UUCP
Tue Dec 2 23:49:38 AEST 1986

I have a 3B2 running System V Release 3.1 with local enhancements (job control,
symbolic links, etc.). RFS runs on top of NPACK on top of EMD (EMD is the
hardware driver for the 3BNET board). TCP/IP runs directly on top of EMD.
We can run RFS on top of TCP/IP, but that is slower than running it on
top of NPACK. It is exactly the same RFS code in both cases.
--

    Eduardo Krell                   AT&T Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill

    {ihnp4,seismo,ucbvax}!ulysses!ekrell