R vs. r in Mail (and mailx?) (was Re: withdrawing mails)

guy at gorodish.UUCP guy at gorodish.UUCP
Thu Feb 19 06:21:40 AEST 1987

>Sun decided that `r'=>all, `R'=>sender was wrong (fine).  To fix
>it, Sun should simply have set Replyall in their distributed
>/usr/lib/Mail.rc.

Except that Replyall was added in 4.3BSD, which wasn't out when we
did 3.0.  The 3.0 Mail is a merger of "mailx" and the 4.2BSD "Mail".
Had Replyall existed when we did the 3.0 Mail, we would have used it.
(And now the S5R3 "mailx" has "flipr" as its version of the same
thing.  Oh well....)