Question on implementing "repeat...until keypress"?

mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP mouse at mcgill-vision.UUCP
Thu Feb 12 10:12:03 AEST 1987

In article <12911 at sun.uucp>, guy%gorodish at Sun.COM (Guy Harris) writes:
> Is there some reason why this example requires that you:
> [assorted things]
> If not, then you should be going into CBREAK mode, not RAW mode.

True enough, in this case.

> (Yes, I know EMACS uses [RAW mode], but that's just because the only
> way to guarantee no special input processing whatsoever with the
> older V7-style interface is to turn RAW mode on.)

It's also much easier to simply turn RAW on than to grovel through
struct tchars and struct ltchars turning all the characters off and
then fiddling half a dozen bits to get the literal input and output
effect.

					der Mouse

USA: {ihnp4,decvax,akgua,utzoo,etc}!utcsri!mcgill-vision!mouse
     think!mosart!mcgill-vision!mouse
Europe: mcvax!decvax!utcsri!mcgill-vision!mouse
ARPAnet: think!mosart!mcgill-vision!mouse at harvard.harvard.edu