H/P Unix disk problem

stroyan at hpfcdc.UUCP stroyan at hpfcdc.UUCP
Mon Feb 2 09:37:29 AEST 1987

  You will need to initialize a floppy and create a file system on it
before you can mount it.  Consult the manual entries for mediainit(1),
mkfs(1M), and newfs(1M).

  The software installation floppies do not have file systems on them.
Each floppy is treated as a single data file.  You will need to read
tools from the install disks and write them to mountable disks in
order to execute them from floppies.

  Be careful to unmount each disk before removing it from the drive,
so that all memory caches are copied out to disk.

Mike Stroyan, [hplabs|ihnp4]!hpfcla!stroyan

All opinions expressed above are my own, not my employer's.
Any overlap of the above with reality is a happy coincidence.