Ultrix panic: iput i_count < 1

david at varian.UUCP david at varian.UUCP
Wed Feb 11 07:25:52 AEST 1987

Here's a question that I would be posting to an Ultrix group (if there
was one...), though it may be of interest to other 4.xBSD users.

We're running Ultrix 1.2 (with DECnet/Ultrix) on a VAX 750 (RA81, TU80,
2 DMZ32, and DELUA).  In the last couple of weeks we started crashing
about once a day or two with the message

	panic: iput i_count < 1 !

The only thing that I can find in common between the crashes are logouts
from ptys (telnet from IBM PC's running MIT/CMU PCIP) about a minute
or 2 before the crash. However, I can't re-create a crash by just logging out.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  Any help would be appreciated.

--
David Brown	 (415) 945-2199
Varian Instruments 2700 Mitchell Dr.  Walnut Creek, Ca. 94598