withdrawing mails

henry at garp.UUCP henry at garp.UUCP
Sun Feb 15 17:08:00 AEST 1987

lien at osu-eddie.UUCP wrote:
->It seems to me that a user has no way to withdraw  a mail before
->it is read or forward to othernet.
->
-> ......
->
->Are there anybody on the net having any solution for users or
->super users?

The solution is for the user (that means you) to be careful.  Most of
the mail programs I know about give the user a chance to look over the
message and header before it gets sent out (even Berkeley mail lets
you do this).

If you find this disturbing, compare electronic mail to its "analog"
counterpart--the US Mails.  How often can you trot down to your local
post office and say "I've dropped a letter in a box at Marlboro and
Mass Ave but it has the wrong address on it and I want it back,
please?"