Should we reuse mag tapes?

jacobo at megatest.UUCP jacobo at megatest.UUCP
Wed Feb 18 11:23:41 AEST 1987

   The question is:  Is it safe to reuse mag tapes  for  important  data  or
   should we use brand new tapes when storing critical information?

   Would someone have a strong feeling, based on experience or data, one way
   or  the other?  I know that the whole idea of using mag tapes is that you
   can reuse them a good number of times,  but  I  have  also  heard  people
   saying that valuable info should go on virgin tapes.

   Any comments would be greatly appreciated.  Please mail to  me  directly.
   Thanks.

							              Jacobo
   UUCP:   {decvax!decwrl, ucbvax, ihnp4} !sun!megatest!jacobo
	   {dlb, lbl-csam, amd, ubvax} !megatest!jacobo
   USMAIL: Megatest; 880 Fox Lane; San Jose, Ca 95131
   PHONE:  (408)437-9700 x 3171