NFS on System V

rasesh at bucasb.bu.edu rasesh at bucasb.bu.edu
Fri Mar 6 02:54:59 AEST 1987

We are planning to buy System V based Iris 3010 graphics workstation. Our
concern is making the files portable between 4.2BSD based Celerity system
and our new workstation. Can we remote mount the filesystem from 4.2 BSD
based system onto the new System V based workstation usin NFS? Silicon
Graphics (makers of Iris) do have their own NFS. Does any one know about
NFS use for System V. Our network is Ethernet TCP/IP and currently we are
sharing filesystems from remote machines via NFS which are on 4.2BSD.

Another concern is about transfer of files through ftp, which I think should not
have any problems.

-rasesh ( rasesh at bucasb.bu.edu )