unix system as starlan server

Bob Halloran halloran at unirot.UUCP
Sat Mar 7 00:24:45 AEST 1987

In article <633 at cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU> jack at cadre.dsl.PITTSBURGH.EDU (Jack Nelson) writes:
> Is anyone using a 3b or other unix box as a starlan server
>for msdos machines?  AT&T sells 6300+ as a server, but it isn't
>clear how much a unix box to do the same would gain: uucp, other
>unix utilities in terminal mode from a pc, I suppose.  Is there
>a pc-networking discussion on usenet?

There is a package available for the 3B under SVr3 only that allows
it to be used as a server under Starlan.  Given the slow penetration
of V.3 and the scarcity of Starlan cards for the 3B line, I have not
heard any usage reports.

					Bob Halloran, Consultant
UUCP: rutgers!unirot!halloran			DDD: (201)251-7514 eve ET
CSNet/ARPA: unirot!halloran at rutgers.edu
USPS: 19 Culver Ct, Old Bridge NJ 08857
Disclaimer: My opinions are my own.
Quote: "No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai