rsh and lp

coleman at sask.UUCP coleman at sask.UUCP
Thu Mar 12 05:48:01 AEST 1987

In article <1987Mar3.063419.14477 at utfyzx.uucp>, harrison at utfyzx.UUCP writes:
>    sh: /dev/null restricted
>
>     David Harrison, Dept. of Physics, Univ. of Toronto
	THe problem as I see it is not with /dev/null it is with redirection.
I have exactly the same problem and I've always ignored it because:
	My understanding of the situation is RSH does not let the user
	redirect output.
	SOmewhere in the interface program the output is redirected to
	/dev/null
		Therefore one gets the message. From the above the fix is
	obvious (or is it).

--
Geoff Coleman                         | BITNET: Coleman at sask
College of Engineering                | UUCP: {utcsri,ihnp4}!sask!skul!geoff