Korn Shell

Guy Harris guy%gorodish at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 9 09:09:50 AEST 1987

>Is there a way to pass parameters into aliases in Korn Shell?  That is, in
>Berkely, I would use something on the order of '!*';

Berkeley isn't a huge city; I presume that if you can use that piece of C
shell syntax within the city limits, you can use it outside the city
limits as well.

I think you meant "in the C shell"; not all systems that have the C
shell are primarily derived from code in BSD distributions of UNIX,
and not all people using systems so derived use the C shell.

>is there something equivalent for ksh?

The C shell uses aliases both to perform command aliasing and to
provide "built-in" shell scripts.  The Bourne and Korn shells use
"shell functions" to do the latter.