AT&T 7300 question

James Carter jac at penguin.UUCP
Mon Apr 11 06:38:27 AEST 1988

In article <12890 at brl-adm.ARPA>, GU087RAF%ITHACA.BITNET at cornellc.ccs.cornell.edu writes:

>      A short question (from a friend, of course) about the AT&T 7300
>  machine.

I have a 3B1 that includes the DOS-73 processor board. It runs ALMOST all of
the MS-DOS code that I have tried, but does so a a task under the UNIX/os. I
must say however, that the i/o on it stinks and the printer spooling leaves
a lot to be desired. As far as its use, I evaluate some packages for my clients
that have not completely moved to a better OS :-}.

The chip set is the 8086 and it has provisions for an 8087 Math processor on
board also. It holds 512 Kbytes of ram and has its own RS-232 port (that I
haven't figured out how to get to from UNIX yet!).

You can have up to 256 virtual disks (but boy do they eat up you harddisk
space!).

Don't get the idea that I don't like the thing, cause with it you can have
a very good chunk for both worlds.