kermit

Kral braun at drivax.UUCP
Fri Apr 15 04:19:19 AEST 1988

In article <715 at btnix.UUCP> crouch at btnix.UUCP (Chris Rouch) writes:
>I'm trying to transfer binary files from a vax running unix to an IBM PC
>lookalike using kermit (C-KERMIT 4.2(030) at the unix end, MSKERMIT 2.29 at the
>IBM end).

Besides setting file type binary on the Unix end, which I'm sure everyone has
already told you to do, you should note this:  I've had trouble transferring
large (several hundred K or more) binary files using versions of MSKERMIT less
than 2.3 (2.26, 2.29).  Using 2.30, I have transfered as much as 1.2 Mbytes in
a single (archive -- zoo format) file with no problems.  I have also been
successful at transferring very large binary files (a zoo archive of the entire
kermit distribution tape B and tape E) using unix ckermit version 4C(058).

--
kral 	408/647-6112			...{ism780|amdahl}!drivax!braun
		Think Globally   ...  Act Locally