user name in /etc/passwd GCOS field

Harrington_Taber paht at ihlpg.ATT.COM
Mon Apr 25 22:49:59 AEST 1988

In article <76 at skep2.ATT.COM> wcs at ho95e.UUCP (46323-Bill.Stewart.<ho95c>,2G218,x0705,(HOB076)1305) writes:
>In article <1361 at lznv.ATT.COM> psc at lznv.ATT.COM (Paul S. R. Chisholm) writes:
>:My group is looking for a standard way that mail(1) can get a user's
>:name from a password file entry.

What about the exptool called 'whois'? As you can see by the header I have a
hyphenated name and the tool appears to do the job correctly.  I am not sure
who the provider is for this tool, but I think that they could help you with
your problem

Paul Harrington-Taber, Network Systems at Bell Labs Indian Hill Main
(312)-979-5081, IH 1D-409, ihlpg!paht