UUCP is simple to implement

Fred Rump fred at cdin-1.uucp
Mon Apr 25 05:27:40 AEST 1988

In article <1147 at ora.UUCP>, tim at ora.UUCP (Tim O'Reilly) writes:
> In article <7255 at cdin-1.uucp> fred at cdin-1.uucp (Fred Rump) writes:
        that O'Reilly only prints their address, no phone, no e-mail
        Tim O'Reilly responds with surprise that nobody can read the large ad,
        etc with the numbers in the front of the book. He continues with:

> I believe our e-mail address:  nuts at ora.uu.net
> (uunet!ora!nuts) appears on the same page.  Looks like we
> need to put it on the title page, along with the address,
> since people mustn't look very hard.

        Questioning my sanity, I looked for an O'Reilly book again.
        Title Page, blah, blah with street address
        other side: copyright 1986, printed in USA, blah,blah, Second Edition

        Still no phone#, still no e-mail - so far so good - I'm still with you

        Back page: Nutshell Handbook ad for 7 (count them) books
                   bottom of page: name and address again, still no phone# etc
        Back cover page: same - name, address - no phone

        I'm glad to say that I can still read. I'd be glad to send photo
        copies of my Nutshell books to attest as to my sanity.

        Perhaps I should trade my set of books for the latest models just in
        case someone may ask for their phone number again and I'd be accused
        of not looking hard enough for what can't be seen.
Fred Rump
CompuData, Inc.
{bellcore,ihnp4}bpa!cdin-1!fred