mkdir(2)

Peter J. Holsberg pjh at mccc.UUCP
Thu Apr 14 04:18:19 AEST 1988

In article <527 at vsi.UUCP> friedl at vsi.UUCP (Stephen J. Friedl) writes:
== In article <568 at mccc.UUCP>, pjh at mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) writes:
== > mkdir(2), so I don't understand what's causing the error.  Is my
== > interpretation -- ld can't find a function called mkdir in its libraries
== > -- correct?
==
== The kernel has it but your PCC2 (or C Issue 3) libraries don't
== have the little gateway functions.  Your long-term fix is to get
== the latest compilers to get the library that contains them.
==
Thanks, Steve.  Perusal of /usr/names shows this:

	C-FP+	Issue 1 Version 0
	C Programming Support I2 V0
	SGU	I3 V2
	FP Library  I1 V0

SysVr3.1 is on its way.  Perhaps things will be aligned a bit better
then.  OTW, a call to my local AT&T person will be in order.

--
Peter Holsberg                  UUCP: {rutgers!}princeton!mccc!pjh
Technology Division             CompuServe: 70240,334