kermit

Richard Kingslake rk at cs.strath.ac.uk
Fri Apr 8 18:57:55 AEST 1988

In article <715 at btnix.UUCP> crouch at btnix.UUCP (Chris Rouch) writes:

>I'm trying to transfer binary files from a vax running unix to an IBM PC
>lookalike using kermit (C-KERMIT 4.2(030) at the unix end, MSKERMIT 2.29 at the
>IBM end).

I have never managed to transfer binary files successfully from Unix to
MS-DOS via kermit.  I always uuencode the files on Unix, transfer the files
as ascii, then uudecode on MS-DOS.  This always works.  Of course, it
assumes that you have uudecode available on MS-DOS.  I do have such and
will post it if requested.  I got it from the net myself some months ago.

	Richard Kingslake

--
	Richard Kingslake

JANET:  rk at uk.ac.strath.cs