Re^2: Problem piping "jobs"

Maarten Litmaath maart at cs.vu.nl
Thu Dec 15 02:20:00 AEST 1988

mikej at tfli.UUCP (Michael R.  Johnston) writes:

\In article <733 at iraun1.ira.uka.de> schuetz at iraul1.ira.uka.de (Elmar Schuetz) writes:
\>I want to "kill -9" the latest submitted job in a csh-environment.
\>I mean the job with the highest number. Note, this is not always "%+".

\NOTE: Your last process does NOT necessarily have to be the highest numbered
\process attached to your tty. In particular processes wrap around after
\a certain point and start from the bottom again.

Elmar was talking about the highest JOB NUMBER, not process id:

	% jobs -l
	[1]    29479 Stopped              nn
	[2]  - 29617 Stopped              vi pipo
	[3]  + 29622 Stopped              cat > foobar

	 ^
	 job number
--
fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, FNDELAY):          |Maarten Litmaath @ VU Amsterdam: