UNIX accounting statistics

Mott Given ntm1169 at dsacg3.UUCP
Sat Dec 17 00:21:25 AEST 1988

   I get different UNIX accounting statistics for the same process when I
   examine the statistics from: 1) the "time" command running under the
   Cshell and 2) acctcom data.  The statistics from the "time" command
   shows more CPU time and more I/O's done than the acctcom information.
   Why do I see this discrepancy in the accounting statistics? (The processes
   that I was analyzing were database queries).

   Another question that I have is whether there are any books that explain
   the UNIX accounting and system monitoring information better than the
   manuals.  We are using Gould's UTX version (based upon BSD 4.3) of UNIX.

Mott Given @ Defense Logistics Agency ,DSAC-TMP, P.O. Box 1605, Bldg. 27
  Section 1, Systems Automation Center, Columbus, OH 43216-5002
INTERNET:   mgiven%dsacg1.uucp at daitc.arpa               I speak for myself
Phone:  614-238-9431    AUTOVON: 850-9431