SCCS version control

Guy Harris guy at auspex.UUCP
Sun Dec 18 07:22:27 AEST 1988

>And then (and this is the important thing) redefine the exit
>key (not the quit) to search for the date string and replace
>it with teh current date on exit.

Err, umm, "redefine the exit key"?  In order to enforce that, you're
going to have to enforce the use of an editor that 1) has an exit key,
2) lets you redefine it, and 3) lets you redefine keys to mean "search
for a given string and insert the current date".

I happen to like such editors.  However, it's going to be an uphill
climb, at best, to get *everybody* to choose them.