SCCS version control

Asa Romberger asa at unisoft.UUCP
Wed Dec 14 03:28:20 AEST 1988

In article <3217 at ingr.UUCP> markv at ingr.UUCP (Mark VandenBrink) writes:
>In developing a product under SCCS, we have, finally, gotten to the point
>where we need to make a release.  So far no problems; however, I would like
>to "remember" or baseline our platform so that some later time (fixes release,
>etc.) I can automagically recreate the platform.

Why not bump up the MAJOR sccs number by one for the release.
Suppose that your current files are version 2.*
for all files
	get -r3 s.filename
	delta s.filename << COMMENT
	UPDATE VERSION FOR RELEASE 3
	COMMENT
	get s.filename
Since the specified release (-r3) is greater than what is in the file, the
current most recent version will be retrieved, but the new version will be
3.1. (See the almost unreadable table under the get(1) manual page!)