Info needed on workstations

Cricket Liu cricket at hp-sde.SDE.HP.COM
Sat Dec 3 12:03:16 AEST 1988

/ hp-sde:comp.unix.questions / frank at zen.co.uk (Frank Wales) /  2:59 am  Nov 30, 1988 /

> Anything wrong with HP's?  How about an HP9000 model 318, for instance?
> The hardware's excellent, HP-UX is relatively featureful and quite crashfree,
> and as an HP employee, you might even get a good price.  :-)

The 318 might be a little outdated - for about $5k you could get a 340, a
Motorola 68030-based system which runs at about 4 MIPS.  Comes with 4 meg
of RAM.  The base configuration is meant to run discless, I think, but you
can add a SCSI controller for about $1.5k.

If you've got more than that to spend, look into the 370:  meant to be a
cluster server, performance may be as good as 7 MIPS or so.

And an HP employee!  You surprise me!

Cricket

Hewlett-Packard Corporate	ARPA/CSNET:  cricket%hpiosa at hp-sde.sde.hp.com
Integrated Office Systems	UUCP:  !hplabs!hpiosa!cricket
Palo Alto, California		AT&T:  (415) 424-3723