captoinfo help needed

Larry W. Virden lwv at n8emr.UUCP
Thu Dec 1 21:17:17 AEST 1988

I am using SunOS 4.0 on Sun386i. My captoinfo has the following SCCS info:
/usr/5bin/captoinfo
        captoinfo.c 1.4 87/06/23 SMI
        curses:screen/captoinfo.c       1.6.1.7
        otermcap.c 1.1 87/02/24 SMI
        print.c 1.1 87/02/24 SMI
        iexpand.c 1.1 87/02/24 SMI
        double_decim.c 1.5 87/07/12 SMI
I am trying to convert termcap entries into terminfo entries.  This worked
for me one time, but no longer appears to be working, with the following
messages generated for every entry in the termcap:
captoinfo: TERM=co#80: tgetent failed with return code 0 (non-existent or invalid entry).

Anyone have any idea what this means?  The weird part is that a terminfo
entry is output, but I havent been able to figure out why I also get all
these error msgs .  Is this a buggy version of captoinfo?

Thanks!

P.S.  Anyone have a freely usable version of terminfo compatible with System V.3
which runs on a BSD-like system (like Ultrix?)

Environment
Filecabinet
News
Wastebasket
bin
dead.article
mbox
ti.info
--
Larry W. Virden	 75046,606 (CIS)
674 Falls Place, Reynoldsburg, OH 43068 (614) 864-8817