tip problem

Ssi ssi at usfvax2.EDU
Thu Dec 15 09:12:53 AEST 1988

I'm having trouble with tip(1) to a computer system that
does not put a newline or carriage return at the end of
an output line. It does put a linefeed (octal 012) at
the end. The comdev on the system is an adm3a with the
dip switches set for auto-newline. I have a hardwire
connection to a remote diag port that echoes the comdev.
  How can I set up an /etc/remote entry catch `end-of-line'
and `end-of-file' on commands/files from this system??

                       Thanks in advance,
                      Greg Ripp (813)628-6100
                       usfvax2.edu!system1!greg
                    ...!uunet!pdn!usfvax2!system1!greg