tape volume labelling

Daniel Ray norstar at tnl.UUCP
Sun Dec 18 13:49:40 AEST 1988

Hi. I've just installed an Archive 60 Meg internal tape drive in my XENIX
386 2.2.2 system. What I'd like to do is write a tape volume label onto the
header of each tape I use. Then, when I backup the filesystem each day, the
system would read the label and reject writing to the tape if the wrong
volume was inserted. Is there any non-trivial way to do this?

Any advise is much appreciated!

norstar
The Northern Lights, Burlington Vermont               |     It's
tnl dialins: 802-865-3614 at 300-2400 bps.          ` | /   never 2 late