Wyse 450 VGA / Xenix... does it work?

Fred Rump from home fr at icdi10.uucp
Fri Dec 2 03:06:12 AEST 1988

In article <7993 at dasys1.UUCP>, tbetz at dasys1.UUCP (Tom Betz) writes:
< Can someone at Wyse or SCO comment on whether the WY-450/WY-550 combination
< is compatible with Wyse's SCO Xenix?  Also, will it work with VP/ix 1.1?

        If Wyse is on the net I'll eat my keyboard.
        Despite the fact that we sell and install 200+ of their terminals
        every month and e few of their 386 boxes, I don't think they properly
        learned the lesson of Televideo. Wyse talks a big deal but there isn't
        much behind it. You better have real clean, good power and no static
        or you memory will surely fail or be erratic.

< In a similar vein, can we get an authoritative statement as to whether VP/ix
< 1.1 now supports the WY-995 multiport card?

        We are still waiting for drivers for the multi-port. It seems we're
        always waiting for something that everyone else already has.

< I'm putting together a 3216-150T system, and this information is pretty
< critical.
        The price is right if nothing else. Hope these comments help.
        We've used the Arnet board with VP/ix and the Wyse quite nicely.
        Fred Rump

--
{allegra killer gatech!uflorida decvax!ucf-cs}!ki4pv!cdis-1!cdin-1!icdi10!fr
26 Warren St.             or ...{bellcore,rutgers,cbmvax}!bpa!cdin-1!icdi10!fr